McFarland, Spears help Colorado upset WyomingDec 6, 2007 - 5:58 AM BOULDER, Colorado (Ticker) -- Jackie McFarland scored 21 points and Brittany Spears added 19 as Colorado upset No. 22 Wyoming, 69-55, on Wednesday.
Spears scored 14 second-half points and McFarland added eight in the final four minutes as Colorado snapped a 23-game losing streak to ranked opponents.
Spears shot 6-of-10 from the floor, including 4-of-7 from the arc, for Colorado (5-2), which shot 39 percent (17-of-43).
Justyna Podziemska scored 19 points for Wyoming (6-1), which was outrebounded, 36-23.
- Colorado hires JR Payne as women's basketball coach Mar 28
- Colorado women's coach Linda Lappe resigns Mar 7
- Washington women beat Colorado 67-51 in Pac-12 tourney Mar 4
- McPhee leads No. 15 Stanford women past Colorado 80-49 Feb 20
- Weisner leads No. 8 Oregon State women past Colorado, 73-50 Feb 13
- Payton leads Oregon State past Colorado 60-56 Feb 6
- No. 15 UCLA women defeat Colorado 82-64 Jan 30
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- No. 10 Arizona State wins 11th straight, 64-37 over Colorado Jan 15
- Johnson, McCall lead No. 9 Stanford women past Buffs Jan 10
- Thompson leads No. 13 Kentucky women past Colorado 86-61 Nov 22
- Stanford women handle Colorado in Pac-12 tourney opener Mar 7