Wiggins scores 35 points in Stanford rout of OregonDec 17, 2007 - 1:36 AM PALO ALTO, California (Ticker) -- Candice Wiggins scored 35 points to lead No. 4 Stanford to an 87-63 win over 10th-ranked Baylor on Sunday.
Wiggins shot 11-of-22 from the floor, including 4-of-9 from the arc, and added four steals, four rebounds, three assists and two blocks.
Freshman Kayla Pedersen tallied 22 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for the Cardinal (8-1), who have won five straight games.
Stanford showed little rust from a two-week hiatus, shooting 49 percent (33-for-67) from the field despite a slow start and forced the Bears to shoot just 36 percent (24-for-66).
Jhasmin Player scored 18 points for Baylor (7-1), which scored 20 points less than its season average entering the contest.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
BAYLOR (10) 32 31 63
STANFORD (4) 45 42 87 FINAL
Dec 16 7:41 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(10) BAYLOR 32
(4) STANFORD 45 HALFTIME
Dec 16 5:45 PM
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24