Adair leads George Washington past Loyola MarymountDec 18, 2007 - 10:51 PM WASHINGTON (Ticker) -- Forward Jessica Adair scored a game-high 23 points as No. 22 George Washington posted an 85-46 victory over Loyola Marymount on Tuesday.
Guard Kimberly Beck scored all 16 of her points in the second half, adding five assists and three steals for the Colonials, who led 42-22 at the half.
Sarah-Jo Lawrence chipped in 14 points and eight assists for George Washington (8-3).
Guard Lisa Helmers was the only Loyola Marymount player in double figures, scoring all 11 of her points in the second half. Freshman Renahy Young came off the bench for eight points while senior center Valerie Ogoke added seven points and seven rebounds for the Lions (7-5).
Off for the previous 10 days, the Colonials showed no signs of rust, scoring the game's first 12 points. LMU missed its first seven shots and turned the ball over four times in the opening four minutes.
A 3-pointer by sophomore Kavita Goss got the Lions on the board but they trailed 15-3 at the first media timeout.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LOYOLA MARYMNT 22 24 46
GEO WASHINGTON (22) 42 43 85 FINAL
Dec 18 4:43 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
LOYOLA MARYMNT 22
(22) GEO WASHINGTON 42 HALFTIME
Dec 18 3:47 PM
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Tsipis resigns as George Washington women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- George Washington rallies by Duquesne for A10 women's title Mar 6
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71 Nov 28
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT Nov 27
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78 Nov 26
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53 Nov 24
- No. 15 Stanford women beat 22nd-ranked George Washington Nov 21
- Zags pull upset of sixth-seeded Colonials Mar 20
- GW coach Tsipis gets extension May 6