Steele lifts George Washington over AuburnJan 4, 2008 - 2:53 AM AUBURN, Alabama (Ticker) -- Lisa Steele hit a 3-pointer with two seconds to play to lift No. 19 George Washington to a 68-66 victory over No. 18 Auburn on Thursday night.
It was the only basket of the night for Steele and ended a streak of 3:52 without a point for the Colonials (11-3).
Sara Jo-Lawrence scored 18 points, Kimberly Beck added 16 and Jessica Adair 15 for George Washington, which shot 52 percent (13-of-25) in the second half and finished 7-of-15 overall from the arc.
Alli Smalley scored 17 points, including a jumper with 2:12 to play that gave the Lady Tigers (12-3) a 66-65 lead.
DeWanna Bonner had 14 points and 12 rebounds for Auburn, which lost despite owning a 41-31 edge on the glass.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
GEO WASHINGTON (19) 33 35 68
AUBURN (18) 30 36 66 FINAL
Jan 3 9:02 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(19) GEO WASHINGTON 33
(18) AUBURN 30 HALFTIME
Jan 3 7:54 PM
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Tsipis resigns as George Washington women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Auburn-Baylor Preview Mar 19
- Baylor women have old score to settle at home vs. Auburn Mar 19
- Auburn women win in 1st NCAA since '09, beating St. John's Mar 18
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Auburn-St. John's Preview Mar 17
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- George Washington rallies by Duquesne for A10 women's title Mar 6
- No. 3 South Carolina women turn up D, beat Auburn 57-48 Mar 4
- Auburn women hold off Missouri 47-45 in SEC second round Mar 3