Xavier hands Georgia first loss of seasonJan 6, 2008 - 10:53 PM CINCINNATI (Ticker) -- Amber Harris and Xavier were not about to let Georgia get a significant win at their behalf.
Harris scored 19 points and Ta'Shia Phillips added 16 as the Musketeers dropped the seventh-ranked Lady Bulldogs from the ranks of the unbeaten with a 65-55 win on Sunday.
Harris shot 8-of-17 from the field with six rebounds and Jerri Taylor and Tudy Reed both hit a pair of 3-pointers for Xavier (10-5), which improved to 2-0 against ranked teams this season.
Tasha Humphrey had 24 points and six rebounds for Georgia (13-1), which fell one victory short of tying the best start in school history.
The Lady Bulldogs were dominated inside, getting outscored, 36-10, in points in the paint and topped in rebounds, 36-26.
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- Georgia women knock off No. 22 Florida 74-63 Feb 21
- Mitchell scores 19, leads SEC champ No. 3 Gamecocks to win Feb 18
- No. 23 DePaul women beat Xavier 82-52 Feb 12
- Balance helps Georgia women knock off No. 21 Missouri 65-50 Feb 4
- New coach Joni Taylor says Georgia must return to NCAAs Jan 29
- Barbee helps Georgia upset No. 10 Mississippi State 47-43 Jan 21