Beck, George Washington rally past Rhode IslandJan 17, 2008 - 4:05 AM KINGSTON, Rhode Island (Ticker) -- Kimberly Beck scored 25 points to help No. 13 George Washington rally for a 48-45 victory over Rhode Island in an Atlantic 10 Conference battle on Wednesday.
Whitney Hollis' jumper gave the Rams a 43-40 advantage with 2:43 remaining. But the Colonials (14-3, 2-0 A-10) rolled off six straight points, including Sarah-Jo Lawrence's jumper to make it 46-43 with 30 seconds left.
Crystal Bellinger brought Rhode Island (7-10, 0-2) within one with her layup just five seconds later. Beck then sank a pair of free throws to rebuild a three-point lead before the Rams had just one last chance to force overtime.
However, Amanda McGrew misfired on a 3-pointer in the waning seconds.
Safi Mojidi netted 16 points and Tanja Licina pulled down 11 boards for Rhode Island, which shot 38 percent (19-of-49) from the field.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
GEO WASHINGTON (13) 18 30 48
RHODE ISLAND 22 23 45 FINAL
Jan 16 8:44 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(13) GEO WASHINGTON 18
RHODE ISLAND 22 HALFTIME
Jan 16 7:42 PM
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Tsipis resigns as George Washington women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- George Washington rallies by Duquesne for A10 women's title Mar 6
- Wright State women rally past No. 24 George Washington 77-71 Nov 28
- No. 24 George Washington women edge No. 25 Iowa 81-77 in 2OT Nov 27
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Houston 82-78 Nov 26
- No. 24 George Washington women beat Fresno State 61-53 Nov 24
- No. 15 Stanford women beat 22nd-ranked George Washington Nov 21
- No. 23 Syracuse women beat Rhode Island 57-54 Nov 13
- Zags pull upset of sixth-seeded Colonials Mar 20