Vanderbilt hands Georgia third straight lossFeb 3, 2008 - 11:40 PM ATHENS, Georgia (Ticker) -- Christina Wirth scored 18 points to lead Vanderbilt to a 61-54 victory over No. 14 Georgia in a Southeastern Conference matchup on Sunday.
Jennifer Risper added 13 points for Vanderbilt (16-6, 5-2 SEC), including three free throws in the final minute when Georgia was trying to stage a comeback.
The Lady Bulldogs took a brief lead midway through the second half, but the Commodores held them scoreless for over seven minutes and did not relinquish the lead.
Georgia shot just 37 percent (19-of-51) from the field, including a dismal 16 percent (3-of-19) from the arc.
Tasha Humphrey led Georgia (16-6, 3-4) with 17 points and nine rebounds before fouling out. Since starting 13-0, the Lady Bulldogs have lost six of their last nine games.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
VANDERBILT 32 29 61
GEORGIA (14) 23 31 54 FINAL
Feb 3 4:24 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(14) GEORGIA 23 HALFTIME
Feb 3 3:18 PM
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Balcomb steps down as Vanderbilt women's basketball coach Apr 27
- Buss scores 23, No. 9 seed Indiana defeats Georgia 62-58 Mar 20
- Indiana-Georgia Preview Mar 18
- No. 16 Mississippi State women beat Vanderbilt 63-46 Mar 4
- Vandy women rally to beat Georgia 54-49 in OT in SEC tourney Mar 3
- Reed, Vanderbilt women roll to 74-59 victory over Ole Miss Mar 2
- Reed leads Vanderbilt women, upset No. 24 Missouri 56-52 Feb 28
- DeShields bounces back, helps Lady Vols rip Georgia 80-60 Feb 28
- Vivians scores 21 in No. 16 Mississippi State's 66-61 win Feb 25
- Georgia senior Barbee has surgery for season-ending injury Feb 23
- No. 12 Texas A&M women win 20th, beat Vanderbilt 75-63 Feb 21