Packer guides Ohio State past WisconsinFeb 11, 2008 - 1:47 AM MADISON, Wisconsin (Ticker) -- Marscilla Packer scored 23 points and Jantel Lavender added 22 for No. 19 Ohio State en route to an 80-77 victory over Wisconsin in Big Ten action on Sunday.
Tamarah Riley was the only other Buckeye who finished in double figures with 11 points.
While both teams shot 86 percent from the foul line - Wisconsin was 25-of-29 and Ohio State went 19-of-22, the Buckeyes used a 25-6 run to turn a 13-point deficit early in the second half into a 56-50 lead.
The Badgers (18-6, 9-4 Big Ten) moved to within one point twice late in the contest, but the Buckeyes answered both times to preserve the victory.
Janese Banks had 22 points and nine rebounds and Jolene Anderson scored 20 points to lead Wisconsin (11-11, 4-8).
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
OHIO ST (19) 31 49 80
WISCONSIN 42 35 77 FINAL
Feb 10 7:16 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(19) OHIO ST 31
WISCONSIN 42 HALFTIME
Feb 10 5:41 PM
- Wisconsin hires Jonathan Tsipis as women's basketball coach Mar 31
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5
- Wisconsin fires women's basketball coach Bobbie Kelsey Mar 4