Krezel, UTEP extend winning streak to 21 gamesMar 1, 2008 - 11:34 PM EL PASO, Texas (Ticker) -- Kasia Krezel scored 13 points and No. 23 UTEP used a strong first half to win its 21st consecutive game, 65-50, over Tulsa in Conference USA action on Saturday.
Natasha Lacy added 12 points and six assists for the Miners (25-2, 16-2 C-USA), who shot 41 percent (22-of-54) but forced 25 turnovers by the Golden Hurricane.
UTEP jumped out to a 35-15 halftime lead and cruised to the finish, maintaining a double-digit advantage throughout the second half.
ReShawndra Jackson scored 19 points to lead Tulsa (6-10, 10-19), which has lost three straight games and eight of its last nine.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Williams leads No. 21 South Florida women past Tulsa, 72-66 Feb 24
- UConn rolls to season-high 64 point win over Tulsa Jan 27
- Top-ranked UConn wins 49th straight game, 95-35 over Tulsa Jan 6
- No. 17 Oklahoma women win 7th straight, beat Tulsa 75-62 Dec 9
- Rutgers edges UTEP for Women's NIT crown Apr 5
- Ogwumike helps Stanford survive Tulsa Mar 24
- Penn State tops UTEP to advance Mar 18
- Dazzling effort by Wiggins powers Stanford Mar 25
- UTEP cruises into second round with easy victory Mar 23
- SMU upsets No. 24 UTEP in Conference USA final Mar 9
- Lacy, Hughes lead UTEP past Southern Miss Mar 9
- Hughes leads UTEP to 22nd straight win Mar 8