Parker scores 30 in final regular-season gameMar 3, 2008 - 3:04 AM ATHENS, Georgia (Ticker) -- Candace Parker scored 30 points and grabbed nine rebounds as third-ranked Tennessee wrapped up the Southeastern Conference regular season with a 72-63 victory over No. 20 Georgia on Sunday.
It was the fifth straight win for the Lady Volunteers (27-2, 13-1 SEC), who will go into the the SEC tournament on Thursday as the second seed.
In her final collegiate game after opting to forgo her senior season, Parker shot 13-of-24 from the field.
Shannon Bobbitt scored 15 points and Nicky Anosike pulled down 11 rebounds for Tennessee, which shot 52 percent (31-of-60) in beating Georgia for the seventh consecutive time.
Christy Marshall had 15 points and Tasha Humphrey added 13 for the Lady Bulldogs (21-8, 8-6), who had a four-game winning streak snapped.
- NCAA WOMENS BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TENNESSEE (3) 26 46 72
GEORGIA (20) 29 34 63 FINAL
Mar 2 8:56 PM
- NCAA WOMENS BB
(3) TENNESSEE 26
(20) GEORGIA 29 HALFTIME
Mar 2 7:47 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23