Howard scores 16 as Florida State routes Florida InternationalNov 18, 2007 - 3:06 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- The 18th-ranked Florida Seminoles shut out Florida International for five minutes during a key stretch in the second half Saturday to come away with a 70-50 victory in the second game of the DePaul Invitational.
Freshman Antionette Howard led four players in double figures with 16 points for Florida State (3-1). Cayla Moore had a career-high 13 points while Jacinta Monroe added 11 in just 12 minutes.
Florida State took a 40-39 lead on a layup by Moore that sparked a 9-0 run to give the Seminoles a 47-39 advantage on Mara Freshour's 3-pointer.
Florida International did not score from the 9:20 mark until 4:06, as the Seminoles scored nine points to take a commanding 64-47 lead. Monroe scored five of her 11 points in that run.
Iva Ciglar scored 12 points for International (1-2).
- Illinois center Chatrice White transfers to Florida State May 14
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Florida State women look to make good on president's pick Mar 24
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Romero scores 17, leads Florida St past Middle Tennessee St Mar 19
- Middle Tennessee-Florida St. Preview Mar 18
- Thomas leads No. 21 Miami women past No. 14 FSU 74-56 Mar 4
- FIU suspends coach Marlin Chinn after player allegation Mar 1