Pacioretty, Price push Canadiens past Tampa BayMar 6, 2011 - 7:36 AM
Hal Gill and David Desharnais also tallied for Montreal, which earned its fourth straight win.
Vincent Lecavalier and Dominic Moore lit the lamp for the Southeast Division- leading Lightning, who suffered their third consecutive loss. Dwayne Roloson stopped 19 shots in defeat.
Gill opened the scoring 5:27 into the contest with a slap shot from the point that found room between the pads of Roloson. The veteran defenseman snapped a 99-game goal drought Thursday against Florida.
"It's nice to help out, you get lucky shoot at the net and it goes in," Gill said. "It's always fun to score. I'd love to do more, but I have to focus on other things."
Montreal cashed in a power play to go up 2-0 at the 8:41 mark of the first period. Desharnais took Andrei Kostitsyn's pass from behind the net and switched to the backhand before sweeping the puck past the left pad of Roloson.
"You can tell in the first period they were a little bit quicker on the pucks," Lecavalier said. "When you're the first on the puck, that's usually the team that's going to win."
Moore and Pacioretty traded power-play goals in the middle frame.
Pacioretty struck again at 1:18 of the third period, hammering home a feed from Scott Gomez to put the Habs up 4-1. Lecavalier capped the scoring with 5:53 remaining.
Montreal captain Brian Gionta collected an assist in his 600th NHL game...Montreal forward Tomas Plekanec and Lightning forward Teddy Purcell both had two assists.
- MONTREAL: 4
TAMPA BAY: 2
Mar 5 9:47 PM
- Tampa Bay Goal - Vincent Lecavalier (16), from Dominic Moore at 14:07.
Canadiens 4, Lightning 2 3rd - 5:53Mar 5 9:32 PM
- Montreal Goal - Max Pacioretty (14), from Scott Gomez at 1:18.
Canadiens 4, Lightning 1 3rd - 18:42Mar 5 9:09 PM
- MONTREAL: 3
TAMPA BAY: 1
End of 2nd
Mar 5 8:48 PM
- Tomas Plekanec slap shot on Dwayne Roloson.
Canadiens 3, Lightning 1 2nd - 5:57Mar 5 8:36 PM
- Tampa Bay Power-Play Goal - Dominic Moore (4), from Pavel Kubina and Teddy Purcell at 1:25.
Canadiens 2, Lightning 1 2nd - 18:35Mar 5 8:13 PM
- MONTREAL: 2
TAMPA BAY: 0
End of 1st
Mar 5 7:52 PM
- Montreal Power-Play Goal - David Desharnais (8), from Andrei Kostitsyn at 8:41.
Canadiens 2, Lightning 0 1st - 11:19Mar 5 7:30 PM
- Montreal Goal - Hal Gill (2), at 5:27.
Canadiens 1, Lightning 0 1st - 14:33Mar 5 7:23 PM
- MONTREAL: 0
TAMPA BAY: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Mar 5 7:15 PM
- Penguins starting G Fleury in Game 5 May 23
- Penguins remove G Murray after second period May 23
- Johnson's OT deflection lifts Lightning over Penguins 4-3 May 23
- Lightning-Penguins Preview May 21
- Murray or Fleury? Penguins weighing options in goal May 21
- Friday's Sports In Brief May 21
- Lightning beat Penguins 4-3, even Eastern Conference finals May 21
- Penguins find higher gear against Lightning in East finals May 20
- Penguins-Lightning Preview May 19
- Crosby, Kessel help Penguins beat Lightning 4-2 in Game 3 May 19
- Confident Lightning feel Penguins haven't see their best May 18
- Penguins-Lightning Preview May 17