Douglas leads Fever to 82-70 win over DetroitJun 22, 2009 - 12:08 AM By CLIFF BRUNT AP Sports Writer
INDIANAPOLIS(AP) -- The Indiana Fever overcame a 17-point deficit in the second half to beat the Detroit Shock 82-70 on Sunday evening and deny Rick Mahorn his first win as Detroit coach.
It was Mahorn's second game as head coach since Bill Laimbeer resigned.
Katie Douglas scored 23 points and Tamika Catchings had 15 points and six assists for the Fever (4-2), who won their fourth straight after losing their first two.
Deanna Nolan scored 16 points and Katie Smith added 15 for the Shock (1-4), who are off to their worst start since 2002.
Detroit led 60-54 at the end of the third quarter, but Douglas and Catchings made back-to-back 3-pointers at the beginning of the fourth quarter to tie the game. Indiana took the lead for good on a 3-pointer by Tamecka Dixon.
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign WNBA finals MVP Sylvia Fowles Feb 2
- New York Liberty sign free agent Shavonte Zellous Feb 1
- WNBA free agency begins, Liberty signs Indiana guard Zellous Feb 1