Lyttle lifts Dream over Shock 105-89Jul 27, 2010 - 8:52 PM TULSA, Okla. (AP) -- Sancho Lyttle had 20 points and 14 rebounds and Iziane Castro Marques scored 23 points to help the Atlanta Dream beat the Tulsa Shock 105-89 Tuesday.
Ivory Latta led Tulsa with 23 points, a season high by any Shock player.
"We stayed very focused," Castro Marques said. "From the beginning, we got out to a good start, maintained the lead from there, and that's what we did."
Atlanta (16-9) scored at will, and the WNBA's best rebounding team outrebounded Tulsa 44-30. Alison Bales had 12 for Atlanta.
The Dream shot 51.9 percent and made 19 of 25 free throws.
The Shock (4-20), made it 18-14 late in the first quarter, but were outscored 26-4 over the next eight minutes.
"I guess it's the same old song, maybe a different tune at times, but the first half was an ugly half," Tulsa coach Nolan Richardson said. "And that's the thing that has worried me in the second half of basketball, is our team not showing up. But in the second half today, I thought we played a lot better than we did in the first half, and executed a lot better and made a few shots."
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30