Taurasi, Mercury beat Fever in OTJun 20, 2011 - 12:50 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Diana Taurasi scored seven of her 32 points in overtime and the Phoenix Mercury captured their first win of the season, a 93-89 victory over the Indiana Fever on Sunday.
Jessica Davenport scored 20 to lead the Fever, including their last six points in regulation on three layups. Her bucket with 1.9 seconds left sent the game into overtime after Candice Dupree missed a desperation three-pointer at the buzzer for Phoenix.
The Fever scored the first five points in overtime, but Taurasi halted the run with five straight points. Her free throws with 21.7 seconds left gave the Mercury the lead for good.
Dupree had 21 points and 18 rebounds while Marie Ferdinand-Harris added 17 points for Phoenix, which had dropped its first three games of the season.
Tamika Catchings and Jeanette Pohlen scored 17 points apiece for the Fever, who fell to 3-3.
- INDIANA: 89
Final - OT
Jun 19 8:27 PM
- INDIANA: 50
Jun 19 7:02 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 19 6:08 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8