Pondexter, Liberty shoot down Silver StarsJul 2, 2011 - 1:24 AM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Cappie Pondexter scored 19 points and dished out five assists to lead the New York Liberty to an 81-75 victory over the San Antonio Silver Stars.
Plenette Pierson had 14 points and Nicole Powell added 13 for the Liberty, which shot 49 percent from the field.
Danielle Adams scored 19 points off the bench to pace San Antonio, which got 16 points apiece from Sophia Young and Becky Hammon. The Silver Stars had a three-game winning streak broken.
Two free throws from Powell with 3:07 left gave the Liberty the lead for good at 73-71.
These teams won't play for another week when the Silver Stars host the Liberty.
- SAN ANTONIO: 75
NEW YORK: 81
Jul 1 9:03 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 34
NEW YORK: 39
Jul 1 7:59 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 1 7:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22