Charles helps Sun down StormJul 2, 2011 - 2:27 AM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Tina Charles had 20 points and 10 rebounds to help the Connecticut Sun get past the Seattle Storm, 75-70, at Mohegan Sun Arena.
Kara Lawson totaled 16 points and seven assists while Renee Montgomery added 11 points and eight helpers for the Sun, who have won their past two.
Swin Cash had a game-high 25 points and added nine rebounds while Camille Little and Lecoe Willingham each added 10 points for the Storm, who came into the game having won their previous two.
The Sun never trailed in the game as the team held a 45-33 advantage after two quarters.
Thanks to shooting 7-for-16 on three-pointers in the game, Connecticut was able to hold off Seattle down the stretch.
Lawson made 1-of-2 at the foul line with eight seconds left to provide a 73-70 cushion. Sue Bird then missed a three-point shot, and Kalana Greene sealed the victory at the foul line.
- SEATTLE: 70
Jul 1 9:35 PM
- SEATTLE: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 1 7:41 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14