Fever stay hot, beat SunJul 13, 2011 - 7:19 PM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Katie Douglas scored a game-high 20 points as the Indiana Fever beat the Connecticut Sun, 90-78, to win their seventh straight game.
Jessica Davenport poured in 14 points while Tamika Catchings and Erin Phillips both had 13 for the Fever, who hadn't won seven straight since taking a franchise-best 11 in a row from June 9-July 17, 2009. Catchings also had seven assists.
Tan White netted 17 points off the bench for the Sun, who fell to 6-5 this season. Tina Charles added 15 points and 11 boards in the loss.
The Fever broke out quickly, nearly doubling the Sun's score, 32-18, after the first quarter. From there, Indiana went up by as many as 27 and its lead was never threatened.
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8