Liberty dominates struggling ShockJul 17, 2011 - 10:51 PM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Cappie Pondexter scored a game-high 18 points as the New York Liberty cruised to an 88-57 victory over the Tulsa Shock.
Kia Vaughn added 15 points and pulled down eight rebounds, and Essence Carson contributed 17 points off the bench for the Liberty, winners in five of their last six games.
Tiffany Jackson recorded a double-double with 17 points and 11 rebounds for the Shock, but it wouldn't be enough as Tulsa saw its losing streak extended to nine straight.
New York took a 4-2 lead a 90 seconds in, and held the lead for the remainder of the contest. The Liberty outscored Tulsa in every quarter, including a 21-6 margin in the third, and led by as many as 34 in the game.
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22