McCray, Sun break FeverJul 17, 2011 - 11:33 PM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Danielle McCray posted a game-high 22 points as Connecticut clipped Indiana, 76-71.
Tina Charles scored 18 points with 14 rebounds and Kara Lawson sank two key free throws in the final seconds to give the Sun their third win in five July contests.
Tamika Catchings tallied 18 points and a game-best 15 boards, while Katie Douglas totaled 12 points and six rebounds for the Fever, who have lost two in a row.
Jessica Davenport hit two free throws, and Douglas followed with a layup to put Indiana within 72-69 with 34.1 seconds to play. Montgomery made 1-of-2 from the line, then Catchings hit a driving layup to make it a two-point game at 73-71.
Kalana Greene then sank the front end of two free throws with 18.4 on the clock, and Catchings turned the ball over on the ensuing possession. Lawson made her two attempts from the line with just under seven seconds left to seal the win.
- INDIANA: 71
Jul 17 7:07 PM
- INDIANA: 32
Jul 17 5:56 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 17 5:15 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8