Storm send Shock to 16th straight lossAug 12, 2011 - 4:43 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - The Tulsa Shock are now one loss away from tying a WNBA record for futility.
Camille Little scored 19 points and Tanisha Wright added 11 in Seattle's 77-63 victory, as the Storm dealt the Shock their 16th consecutive loss.
The WNBA record for longest losing streak is 17, set by the Atlanta Dream at the start of the 2008 season. Tulsa can equal that mark with a loss at Minnesota on Sunday.
Liz Cambage had 24 points and 10 rebounds for the Shock, who fell to 1-21 on the season. Tiffany Jackson added 14 points and Andrea Riley had 10 for Tulsa, which never led and trailed by as many as 27.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14