Lyttle comes up big as Dream edge FeverAug 31, 2011 - 2:02 AM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Sancho Lyttle made a jump shot with 0.9 seconds left to boost the Atlanta Dream to a 92-90 win over the Indiana Fever.
Lyttle had 14 points, 11 rebounds and five assists, guiding the playoff- hopeful Dream to a third straight victory. Angel McCoughtry had 28 points and Armintie Price 16 for Atlanta, which has won six of its last seven contests.
The Dream moved 2 1/2 games clear of Chicago for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Despite the loss, the conference-leading Fever clinched a playoff spot as Chicago lost to the New York Liberty Tuesday night.
Erin Phillips totaled 21 points and Tamika Catchings 20 for the Fever, who have dropped two straight.
A jumper from Phillips gave the visitors a two-point edge with 1:16 left, but just seven seconds later Iziane Castro Marques made a jumper to tie the game.
Catchings missed a three-point try, Lyttle failed on two free throw attempts and a Price steal led to Lyttle's go-ahead bucket.
Phillips' three-point try at the end missed.
- INDIANA: 90
Aug 30 9:52 PM
- INDIANA: 49
Aug 30 8:28 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 30 7:39 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27