Augustus, Whalen lead Lynx over SkySep 9, 2011 - 2:34 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Seimone Augustus scored 22 points and Lindsay Whalen had 20 with 10 assists Thursday to lead the Minnesota Lynx to a 78-69 win over the Chicago Sky.
Maya Moore added 16 points for Minnesota, which led by as many as 13 to win for the eighth time in its last nine games.
The Western Conference-champion Lynx will finish their regular season Sunday at Phoenix. They went 2-0 versus Chicago this season.
Sylvia Fowles and Erin Thorn scored 17 points apiece for the Sky, who have dropped three in a row. They have two games left, Saturday at Los Angeles and Sunday at Seattle, before heading into the offseason.
- CHICAGO: 69
Sep 8 9:56 PM
- CHICAGO: 32
Sep 8 8:53 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 8 8:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Lynx sign Czech guard Katerina Elhotova Feb 25
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign WNBA finals MVP Sylvia Fowles Feb 2