Lynx edge Silver Stars in Game 1Sep 17, 2011 - 4:00 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Lindsay Whalen had 20 points, Seimone Augustus scored 19 and the top-seeded Minnesota Lynx held off the San Antonio Silver Stars, 66-65, in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals.
Maya Moore, who was selected as the league's Rookie of the Year, finished with 10 points on 4-of-12 shooting for Minnesota. Rebekkah Brunson grabbed a game- high 14 rebounds in the win.
Becky Hammon and Danielle Adams both scored 16 points for the fourth-seeded Silver Stars, who dropped all four meetings with the Lynx during the regular season.
Sophia Young finished with 10 points, nine rebounds and six assists in defeat.
San Antonio hosts Game 2 on Sunday.
- SAN ANTONIO: 65
Sep 16 11:04 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 35
Sep 16 9:58 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Sep 16 9:13 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14