Young leads Silver Stars past ShockAug 18, 2012 - 2:52 AM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Sophia Young poured in a game-high 20 points on Friday and the San Antonio Silver Stars returned from the WNBA's Olympic break with an 89-79 win over the Tulsa Shock.
Jia Perkins added 17 points off the bench while Becky Hammon and Danielle Robinson chipped in with 15 points apiece for the Silver Stars in their franchise-record 10th straight win. They've won the last eight meetings between the teams.
Riquna Williams led all Tulsa scorers with 17 points and Glory Johnson and Roneeka Hodges scored 16 and 15 points respectively for the Shock, who have lost five of their last six.
San Antonio built a 14-point lead after the first quarter but Tulsa outscored the Silver Stars 31-17 in the second stanza to send the teams into the locker room tied at 46.
The Shock led 63-62 after three, but the Silver Stars ran away with it in the fourth, outscoring Tulsa 27-16 over the final ten minutes. The Silver Stars shot 10-of-14 from the field in the field period.
- SAN ANTONIO: 89
Aug 17 10:13 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 46
Aug 17 8:58 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 17 8:08 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6