Pondexter leads Liberty past SkyAug 22, 2012 - 2:17 AM Rosemont, IL (Sports Network) - Cappie Pondexter netted a game-high 25 points to lead the New York Liberty past the Chicago Sky, 77-67, on Tuesday.
Plenette Pierson added 21 points and six rebounds for the Liberty, who have won two of their last three games.
Sylvia Fowles finished with 18 points and eight boards, while Shay Murphy contributed 16 points and Epiphanny Price had 10 for Chicago, which has dropped seven straight and 11 of its last 12.
The Sky held a 21-16 advantage entering the second quarter, but after back-to- back layups by Fowles gave Chicago a 27-22 edge less than three minutes into the frame, New York closed out the half with an 18-5 run to carry a 40-32 lead into the break.
Chicago would not seriously threaten in the second half, trailing by at least six points and by as much as 18 as New York cruised to the win.
- NEW YORK: 77
Aug 21 10:02 PM
- NEW YORK: 40
Aug 21 8:58 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 21 8:12 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8