Shock top Sky in OTAug 25, 2012 - 2:50 AM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Roneeka Hodges and Riquna Williams both scored 22 points to pace the Tulsa Shock to an 81-78 overtime win over the Chicago Sky on Friday.
Jennifer Lacy added 15 points off the bench and Glory Johnson had eight points and pulled down a game-high 12 rebounds for the Shock, who snapped a five-game losing streak.
Courtney Vandersloot scored a game-high 23 and Shay Murphy added a double- double with 17 points and 10 boards for the Sky, losers in nine straight and 13 of their last 14.
Tulsa trailed, 53-47, after the third stanza, but rallied for 23 points in the fourth to tie the game at 70-70 at the end of regulation thanks to a pair of Hodges free throws in the final 10 seconds.
The Shock were 4-for-7 from the field in overtime and held the Sky to 25 percent shooting from the field in the bonus period to take the win.
- CHICAGO: 78
Final - OT
Aug 24 10:33 PM
- CHICAGO: 36
Aug 24 8:57 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 24 8:13 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Adam Silver confident in WNBA, plans to be more involved Nov 5
- WNBA franchise in North Texas area to be called Dallas Wings Nov 2
- Glory Johnson gives birth to twins Oct 18