Sky halt slide with win over SunAug 26, 2012 - 11:21 PM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Epiphanny Prince led five players in double figures with 15 points and the Chicago Sky halted their nine-game losing streak with an 82-70 victory over the Connecticut Sun on Sunday.
Swin Cash and Carolyn Swords both added 14 points for the Sky, who ended their longest slide since they dropped 13 straight games during their inaugural campaign in 2006.
Allison Hightower scored 17 points to pace the Sun, who had won seven of eight entering Sunday.
Chicago trailed 43-39 at the half, but dominated the third quarter behind 10 points from Cash.
Cash, who missed just one shot in the quarter, was aided by five points each from Shay Murphy and Lecoe Willingham, as the Sky jumped in front 61-57.
They never trailed in the final quarter.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Delle Donne unanimous choice for WNBA first team Oct 8
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Fever beat Sky 100-89, advance to Eastern Conference finals Sep 21