Charles leads Sun past SkySep 9, 2012 - 11:21 PM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Tina Charles scored a game-high 24 points as the Connecticut Sun edged the Chicago Sky, 82-77, on Sunday.
Renee Montgomery added 12 points while Tan White had 11 and Kelsey Griffin finished with 10 for the Sun, who have won two of their last three.
Swin Cash paced the Sky with 21 points and 15 rebounds. Courtney Vandersloot and Epiphanny Prince contributed 15 and 14 points, respectively, for Chicago, which fell to a half-game behind New York for the final playoff berth with six games left to play.
Chicago carried a 58-55 lead entering the fourth quarter, but White's 3- pointer to open the frame sparked a 16-6 run that put the Sun on top, 71-64, with a little over four minutes left in the game.
The Sky scored eight of the next 12 points to close the gap to 75-72 with about a minute remaining, but Connecticut went 7-for-8 from the foul line down the stretch to hang on for the win.
- CHICAGO: 77
Sep 9 7:03 PM
- CHICAGO: 44
Sep 9 5:57 PM
- CHICAGO: 2
1st Quarter - 8:45
Sep 9 5:26 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Delle Donne unanimous choice for WNBA first team Oct 8
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Fever beat Sky 100-89, advance to Eastern Conference finals Sep 21