Fowles' huge double-double sends Sky past SunAug 19, 2013 - 12:24 AM Rosemont, IL (Sports Network) - Sylvia Fowles scored 20 points and grabbed 21 rebounds to lead the Chicago Sky to an 89-78 victory over the Connecticut Sun on Sunday at Allstate Arena.
Epiphanny Prince poured in a game-high 21 points to go with eight assists, while Courtney Vandersloot supplied 17 points to help the Sky to their fourth win in five tries despite the absence of Elena Delle Donne, who missed her second straight contest with a left foot injury.
Tan White led the Sun with 16 points and Renee Montgomery followed with 13 points for Connecticut, which has dropped five of its last six games.
The Sun scored the first 15 points of the game and held a 10-point lead at the end of the first before opening the second on a 14-3 spurt to push the margin to 33-12 midway through the second.
The difference was 18 with just under seven minutes left in the third before the Sky surged back to pull within 58-51 heading into the fourth.
Connecticut held a 73-64 edge with 4:32 to play, but went nearly four minutes without a point from there, allowing the Sky to score 17 unanswered points to take an eight-point lead with under a minute left.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Delle Donne unanimous choice for WNBA first team Oct 8
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Fever beat Sky 100-89, advance to Eastern Conference finals Sep 21