Sun edge Silver StarsJul 15, 2013 - 12:17 AM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Tina Charles had a double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds as the Connecticut Sun held off the San Antonio Silver Stars, 86-84, on Sunday.
Allison Hightower added 23 points for the Sun, who snapped a two-game skid. Kara Lawson and Mistie Bass tallied 14 and 12 points, respectively.
Jia Perkins ended with 23 points and seven boards for the Silver Stars, who have lost two in a row. Danielle Adams and Shenise Johnson donated 14 and 12 points, respectively.
Perkins' 3-pointer with 1:02 to play got San Antonio within two, 84-82. Hightower, though, responded with a jumper at the other end to give the Sun a four-point edge.
DeLisha Milton-Jones made two free throws with 34 seconds remaining to cut the gap to two again. After Kalana Greene missed a jumper, Milton-Jones came down with a big defensive rebound. Perkins, however, missed a 19-foot jumper with 3.5 ticks left on the clock.
- SAN ANTONIO: 84
Jul 14 6:53 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 32
Jul 14 5:52 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 14 5:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Liberty shot-blocker Stokes contender for rookie of year Sep 18