Silver Stars eclipse struggling SunJul 21, 2013 - 1:59 AM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Danielle Adams totaled a game-high 20 points, while Jayne Appel grabbed a game-high 18 rebounds as San Antonio downed Connecticut, 60-52, on Saturday night.
Jia Perkins clocked in with 15 points and four assists, and Danielle Robinson contributed 10 points and four steals for the Silver Stars, who put the brakes on a four-game skid.
Tina Charles led the way with 18 points and 12 boards for the Sun, losers in four of their last five. Tan White was limited to seven points on 3-of-14 shooting in defeat.
San Antonio pulled ahead in the third quarter thanks to stingy defense and poor Connecticut shooting. Tied 35-all at the break, the Sun made just two buckets in the period, and fell behind 48-39 heading to the fourth.
- CONNECTICUT: 52
SAN ANTONIO: 60
Jul 20 9:49 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 35
SAN ANTONIO: 37
Jul 20 8:53 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 20 8:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Liberty shot-blocker Stokes contender for rookie of year Sep 18