Cambage, Shock down Silver StarsAug 24, 2013 - 3:14 AM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Liz Cambage had 20 points and eight rebounds in the Tulsa Shock's 73-67 win over the San Antonio Silver Stars on Friday.
Candace Wiggins added 16 points for the Shock, who had dropped five of their last seven games coming in.
Shameka Christon netted 18 points off the bench to lead the Silver Stars , who are 1-6 in their past seven road tilts.
Tulsa had an 18-8 lead after a quarter of play and built a 40-22 margin at the break.
The Shock continued to hold a comfortable spread until the closing minutes, where the Silver Stars whittled the deficit below double digits, but Tulsa held on down the stretch.
Tulsa led by as many as 23 in the contest.
- SAN ANTONIO: 67
Aug 23 10:10 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 22
Aug 23 9:00 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 23 8:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6