Shock ease past SunJul 4, 2014 - 1:36 AM Uncasville, CT (SportsNetwork.com) - Odyssey Sims scored 30 points to lead the Tulsa Shock to a 96-83 rout of the Connecticut Sun on Thursday.
Skylar Diggins chipped in with 20 points, while Glory Johnson and Courtney Paris each recorded double-doubles in the win.
Johnson finished with 14 points and 11 rebounds and Paris contributed a 12- point, 15-rebound effort.
Alyssa Thomas paced the Sun with 24 points and Chiney Ogwumike added 10 points and 10 boards.
Tulsa opened the game on a 12-0 run and led by as many as 15 in the quarter after a Sims jumper with under two minutes left.
The Sun turned a 10-point deficit at the end of the first into a one-point lead with just over three minutes until halftime.
The Shock, though, led 43-40 at the break.
Sims made a jumper to close the third quarter scoring with Tulsa up 69-59 and the visitors led by as many as 19 in the final stanza in cruising to the win.
- TULSA: 96
Jul 3 9:01 PM
- TULSA: 43
Jul 3 7:53 PM
- TULSA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 3 7:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3