Jones paces Sun past SkyJun 1, 2007 - 3:44 AM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Ashja Jones scored 31 points to fuel the Connecticut Sun to a spirited comeback and a 102-97 defeat of the Chicago Sky in overtime Thursday.
Katie Douglas had 22 points and was 4-for-7 in 3-point attempts for Connecticut (2-2), which trailed, 56-43, at the half.
Jones finished 11-of-18 from the field and made all nine of her free throws as the Sun shot a scorching 51 percent (36-of-71) from the field.
Nykesha Sales and Jamie Carey had 10 points apiece for the Sun.
Candice Dupree had 31 points and Dominique Canty had 16 points for Chicago (1-3).
Liz Moeggenberg came off the bench to score 10 in a losing effort for the Sky.
CHICAGO 97 FINAL IN 1ST OT
May 31 10:24 PM
CHICAGO 86 END OF 4TH QTR GOING INTO OVERTIME
May 31 10:02 PM
CHICAGO 73 END, 3RD QTR
May 31 9:34 PM
CHICAGO 56 HALFTIME
May 31 8:53 PM
CHICAGO 29 END, 1ST QTR
May 31 8:29 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Delle Donne unanimous choice for WNBA first team Oct 8
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Fever beat Sky 100-89, advance to Eastern Conference finals Sep 21