Cash gives Shock edge over SunJun 28, 2007 - 2:01 AM AUBURN HILLS, Michigan (Ticker) -- Swin Cash scored 18 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead the Detroit Shock to a 77-74 victory over the Connecticut Sun on Wednesday.
Deanna Nolan had 17 points and Plenette Pierson added 15 for the Shock, who have won four of their last five games and own the league's best record at 11-2.
Nolan scored seven points on a crucial 12-2 third-quarter run which gave Detroit the lead for the remainder of the game.
Shannon Johnson and Katie Smith each scored 12 points as the Shock beat the Sun for the third time this season.
Connecticut's chance of victory vanished when Katie Douglas missed a 3-point attempt in the final seconds.
Asjha Jones scored 16 points and Kristen Rasmussen added 14 for the Sun, who have lost eight of their last nine contests.
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Liberty shot-blocker Stokes contender for rookie of year Sep 18
- WNBA Capsules Sep 13
- Bone leads Sun over Sky 86-75; Delle Donne scoring champ Sep 13
- Sky-Sun Preview Sep 12