Nolan's franchise-high 36 propels Shock past SunJul 25, 2007 - 2:43 AM UNCASVILLE, Connecticut (Ticker) -- Deanna Nolan scored a franchise-high 36 points as the Detroit Shock posted a 92-88 victory over the Connecticut Sun.
Katie Feenstra scored a season-high 19 points and grabbed nine rebounds and Katie Smith scored 16 for Detroit, which has won seven straight, matching its season-high when it opened the season, 7-0.
Detroit continues to have the best record in the WNBA at 18-5.
The Shock trailed, 45-41, a halftime when Nolan exploded for 16 in the third period, helping Detroit take a 69-63 lead entering the final quarter. Nolan, a four-time All-Star, connected on 16-of-23 from the floor to go along with seven assists.
Feenstra shot 7-of-8 from the field for the Shock, who shot 50 percent (36-of-72) and have beaten the Sun nine straight times.
Lindsay Whalen scored a career-high 33 points and Katie Douglas scored 27 for Connecticut (12-12), which saw its six-game winning streak end.
CONNECTICUT 88 FINAL
Jul 24 10:01 PM
CONNECTICUT 63 END, 3RD QTR
Jul 24 9:27 PM
CONNECTICUT 45 HALFTIME
Jul 24 8:46 PM
CONNECTICUT 21 END, 1ST QTR
Jul 24 8:19 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Liberty shot-blocker Stokes contender for rookie of year Sep 18
- WNBA Capsules Sep 13
- Bone leads Sun over Sky 86-75; Delle Donne scoring champ Sep 13
- Sky-Sun Preview Sep 12