Rattlers nip Blaze on late TD passMar 2, 2008 - 6:11 AM SALT LAKE CITY (Ticker) -- Lang Campbell threw a six-yard touchdown pass to Trandon Harvey with 57 seconds to play, lifting the Arizona Rattlers to a 63-62 victory over the Utah Blaze in the season opener for both teams Saturday night.
Campbell finished 31-of-47 for 319 yards and seven touchdown passes - two each to Harvey, Kevin Nickerson and Jerrian James - to rally the Rattlers (1-0) from a 35-21 first-half deficit.
Nickerson had nine catches for 100 yards and also scored on a four-yard run.
Joe Germaine completed 19-of-31 passes for 236 yards, five touchdowns and an interception for Utah (0-1), which also had a pair of two-yard scoring runs by Huey Whittaker.
UTAH 62 FINAL
Rattlers 63, Blaze 62 FinalMar 2 12:01 AM
UTAH 49 END, 3RD QTR
Rattlers 49, Blaze 49 End of 3rdMar 1 11:39 PM
UTAH 42 HALFTIME
Rattlers 35, Blaze 42 HalfMar 1 10:49 PM
UTAH 21 END, 1ST QTR
Rattlers 14, Blaze 21 End of 1stMar 1 9:43 PM
- Ex-Giant Hill joins AFL's Rattlers Jun 6
- Blaze name AFL veteran new coach Jan 26
- Grand Rapids surprises Arizona, advances to meet Chicago Jul 1
- Dutton leads Crush over Blaze Jun 28
- Blaze conclude season on high note, stomp Rattlers Jun 22
- Dutton powers Crush past Rattlers Jun 17
- Germaine sparks Blaze to win over Avengers Jun 10
- Burley, defense lead Rattlers past Brigade Jun 8
- Germaine ignites Blaze past Rampage Jun 1
- Sauk guides Rattlers past Predators Jun 1
- Smoker's late score leads Rattlers by Rampage May 25
- Videtich's last-second kick helps Blaze edge Rush May 25