Vaughn's field goal leads Predators past DestroyersMar 30, 2008 - 2:53 AM COLUMBUS, Ohio (Ticker) -- John Vaughn kicked a 32-yard field goal with no time on the clock as the Orlando Predators edged the Columbus Destroyers, 47-44, on Saturday.
Shane Stafford completed 24-of-31 attempts for 316 yards and four touchdowns for Orlando (3-2), which has won three straight after opening the season 0-2.
Wide receivers Ron Johnson and Chas Gessner combined for 14 catches for 196 yards and three touchdowns and fullback Marlon Moye-Moore added two rushing scores for the Predators, who are 5-1 all-time against the Destroyers.
After Matt Nagy threw a 6-yard touchdown pass to fullback Harold Wells with 3:03 left in the fourth quarter to knot the score at 44-44, Stafford drove Orlando 29 yards in eight plays before Vaughn came on to kick the game-winner as time expired.
Nagy went 21-of-26 for 206 yards and three TDs for Columbus (1-4).
COLUMBUS 44 FINAL
Predators 47, Destroyers 44 FinalMar 29 9:26 PM
COLUMBUS 30 END, 3RD QTR
Predators 30, Destroyers 30 End of 3rdMar 29 8:50 PM
COLUMBUS 16 HALFTIME
Predators 23, Destroyers 16 HalfMar 29 8:08 PM
COLUMBUS 10 END, 1ST QTR
Predators 7, Destroyers 10 End of 1stMar 29 7:31 PM
- Gladiators outlast Predators in playoffs Jul 1
- Philyaw fuels Gladiators past Destroyers Jun 22
- MacPherson propels Rampage past Destroyers Jun 15
- Stafford powers Predators past VooDoo Jun 14
- Dietz, Storm breeze by Predators Jun 8
- Greisen leads Force to sixth straight win Jun 8
- Sauk guides Rattlers past Predators Jun 1
- Wimprine vaults VooDoo past Destroyers May 31
- Nagy uses arm, legs to help Destroyers upend Dragons May 24
- Pettis' all-around effort crushes Predators May 23
- Stafford leads Predators past Brigade May 18
- D'Orazio throws six TD passes to lead Soul May 17