Dutton's eight TDs help Crush stop three-game skidApr 5, 2008 - 7:36 AM DENVER (Ticker) -- John Dutton passed for eight touchdowns and added a rushing score to lead the Colorado Crush to a 67-54 win over the Los Angeles Avengers on Friday.
Dutton finished 32-for-50 for 334 yards with an interception for the Crush (2-3), who ended a three-game slide. Ben Nelson made 13 catches for 174 yards and five TDs.
With Colorado trailing, 34-28, at halftime, Dutton hooked up with Nelson twice for scores to give the Crush a short-lived 41-34 lead. After the Avengers knotted the game at 41-41, Dutton found Nelson for the third time in the third quarter from 37 yards out to give the Crush the lead for good at 48-41.
Tim Hicks finished 21-for-39 for 295 yards and five touchdowns with two interceptions for the Avengers (2-4), who have dropped four straight contests.
LOS ANGELES 54
COLORADO 67 FINAL
KISS 54, Crush 67 FinalApr 4 11:49 PM
LOS ANGELES 41
COLORADO 48 END, 3RD QTR
KISS 41, Crush 48 End of 3rdApr 4 11:48 PM
LOS ANGELES 34
COLORADO 28 HALFTIME
KISS 34, Crush 28 HalfApr 4 10:39 PM
LOS ANGELES 20
COLORADO 14 0:00 LEFT, 1ST QTR
KISS 20, Crush 14 End of 1stApr 4 10:38 PM
- Grieb propels SaberCats past Crush Jul 5
- Dutton leads Crush over Blaze Jun 28
- Dutton's throws three scores as Crush roll Jun 22
- Dietz guides Storm to win over Avengers Jun 22
- Dutton powers Crush past Rattlers Jun 17
- Avengers sink Brigade with late touchdown Jun 15
- Germaine sparks Blaze to win over Avengers Jun 10
- MacPherson sets team record as Rampage ambush Crush Jun 8
- Garcia leads Dragons past Crush Jun 3
- Grieb sends SaberCats past Avengers Jun 1
- Grieb's eight TDs help SaberCats down Crush May 25
- Rush clinch division with rout of Avengers May 20