Michna rallies Rush past BrigadeJun 1, 2008 - 5:25 AM ROSEMONT, Illinois (Ticker) -- Russ Michna tossed five touchdown passes and ran in the game-winning score from one yard out with 11 seconds left to propel the Chicago Rush to a 52-47 comeback victory over the Kansas City Brigade on Saturday.
Michna, who completed 25-of-37 passes for 296 yards, made a critical mistake that nearly cost his squad the game in the fourth quarter, as Chris Demaree returned an interception for a 42-yard touchdown that gave the Brigade (3-10) a 47-35 edge with 9:21 remaining.
The Rush (10-3), however, came right back as Michna's five-yard touchdown strike to Donovan Morgan closed the gap to 47-42. Michna then rushed for a one-yard score to provide a lead for Chicago, which added a safety for the final margin.
Morgan hauled in 14 passes for 153 yards and Damian Harrell made five receptions for 45 yards and two scores for the Rush, who have won six of their last seven games.
KANSAS CITY 47
CHICAGO 52 FINAL
Command 47, Rush 52 FinalMay 31 10:55 PM
KANSAS CITY 34
CHICAGO 35 END, 3RD QTR
Command 34, Rush 35 End of 3rdMay 31 10:12 PM
KANSAS CITY 34
CHICAGO 28 HALFTIME
Command 34, Rush 28 HalfMay 31 9:24 PM
KANSAS CITY 20
CHICAGO 14 END, 1ST QTR
Command 20, Rush 14 End of 1stMay 31 8:41 PM
- MacPherson guides Rampage past Rush Jul 6
- Rush stomp Desperados, clinch conference's No. 1 seed Jun 22
- Dutton's throws three scores as Crush roll Jun 22
- Greisen fuels Force past Rush Jun 15
- Avengers sink Brigade with late touchdown Jun 15
- Burley, defense lead Rattlers past Brigade Jun 8
- Philyaw, Amey carry Gladiators past Rush Jun 8
- Videtich's last-second kick helps Blaze edge Rush May 25
- Bryant's late TD toss helps Brigade top Soul May 23
- Rush clinch division with rout of Avengers May 20
- Stafford leads Predators past Brigade May 18