Felton lifts Bobcats to 94-92 win over WizardsFeb 10, 2010 - 4:30 AM
CHARLOTTE, N.C.(AP) -- Raymond Felton hit a fadeaway 12-footer with 1.9 seconds left and the Charlotte Bobcats beat the Washington Wizards 94-92 on Tuesday night to snap a three-game losing streak.
After Antawn Jamison missed a scoop shot in the lane, the Bobcats got the rebound and didn't call a timeout. Charlotte's play broke down, and Felton drove to the left of the lane and let go a shot over Randy Foye's outstretched arms that swished through.
Jamison missed another scoop shot in the paint at the buzzer for the Wizards, ending their unexpected and bizarre weeklong trip - even if they were likely to be stranded in Charlotte overnight because of another mid-Atlantic snowstorm.
Stephen Jackson scored 22 points for Charlotte. Caron Butler had 23 for the Wizards.
CHARLOTTE 94 FINAL
Feb 9 9:23 PM
CHARLOTTE 73 END, 3RD QTR
Feb 9 8:45 PM
CHARLOTTE 50 HALFTIME
Feb 9 8:07 PM
CHARLOTTE 24 END, 1ST QTR
Feb 9 7:39 PM
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29