Bulls snap 10-game losing streakMar 21, 2010 - 2:13 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Ninety minutes before the tip-off, Derrick Rose was flexing his wrist in the locker room. He then flexed his All-Star form in a game the Chicago Bulls sperately needed to win.
Rose scored 23 points in his return from a sprained left wrist, and Chicago snapped its losing streak at 10 games with a 98-84 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night.
"I've been working out and doing a lot of running, but it was just great to be back with the team," Rose said.
Kirk Hinrich added 17 points and 11 assists, Brad Miller had 16 points, and Hakim Warrick 13 for the Bulls, 2 1/2 games behind Toronto for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Rose who sparked the Bulls with a 9-for-16 shooting performance, including 4 for 6 on 3-pointers.
"I got a lot of open shots," Rose said. "It seemed like they were giving me the shots. I was open. I had to take them."
Marreese Speights had 17 points and 11 rebounds for Philadelphia. The 76ers have lost 12 of their last 14 games and are 11-23 at home.
Samuel Dalembert added 16 points for Philadelphia, Andre Iguodala had 11, and Jrue Holiday had 10 points and a career-high 10 rebounds.
"We just didn't have it," Sixers coach Eddie Jordan said.
Chicago built a 21-point lead and had a 77-62 advantage after the third quarter.
Joakim Noah and Miller scored consecutive baskets to open the fourth to quickly put the Bulls back ahead by 19. The Sixers, 1 of 17 from 3-point range, never got within single digits the rest of the way.
"As a team, we have to do a better job," Dalembert said. "We have to recognize situations and play better."
Rose missed the Bulls' previous four games, while Noah returned after missing 10 straight games because of a left foot injury.
"Having Rose and Noah back really helped," Chicago coach Vinny Del Negro said. "It was a nice win, knowing what we've been through."'
NOTES: Iguodala is 1 for 26 from 3-point range in his last eight games. ... Philadelphia forward Thaddeus Young (right thumb fracture) was inactive. ... The Bulls committed only two turnovers in the first half. ... Sixers guard Lou Williams didn't play in the second half because of back spasms. ... Chicago forward Chris Richard was whistled for a technical foul with 59.2 seconds left in the third quarter.
FINAL 1ST 2ND 3RD 4TH TOTAL
--- --- --- --- -----
CHICAGO 21 31 25 21 98
PHILADELPHIA 17 23 22 22 84 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: CHI - DERRICK ROSE 23, KIRK HINRICH 17,
BRAD MILLER 16
PHI - MARREESE SPEIGHTS 17, SAMUEL DALEMBERT
16, ANDRE IGUODALA 11
Mar 20 9:25 PM
PHILADELPHIA 62 END, 3RD QTR
Mar 20 8:52 PM
PHILADELPHIA 43 HALFTIME
Mar 20 8:07 PM
PHILADELPHIA 17 END, 1ST QTR
Mar 20 7:33 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14