Miles, Jazz top KingsNov 23, 2010 - 5:54 AM Salt Lake City, UT (Sports Network) - C.J. Miles scored 20 points in a little under 24 minutes to spark the Utah Jazz to a 94-83 victory over the Sacramento Kings.
Al Jefferson added 19 points and eight rebounds while Deron Williams chipped in 12 points and nine assists for Utah, which outscored the Kings by 24 points over the middle two quarters en route to a second straight win.
"Obviously, a win is a win," Jazz head coach Jerry Sloan said. "I thought our second group came in and gave us some life in the first half, and it seemed like they ran the floor much better. We had a difficult time trying to get going, our execution in the first part of the game wasn't that much. Our second group, I thought, executed and got some decent shots."
DeMarcus Cousins posted 18 points and nine rebounds for the Kings, losers in eight of their last nine.
Miles helped the Jazz quickly erase a 22-20 first-quarter deficit by pouring in 13 points in the second stanza. His three-pointer broke a 24-all tie three minutes in, and his layup five minutes later saw the hosts extend the margin to 43-32.
The cold-shooting Kings went the final 3 1/2 minutes without hitting a field goal, allowing Utah a 49-37 halftime advantage.
A similar ending to the third stanza saw Miles convert a three-point play and hit a running jumper in the final 1:05, and the Jazz took a comfortable 78-56 cushion into the fourth.
The final score appeared a lot closer than the game actually was, as the Kings scored 14 of the final 17 points.
"We really kind of just let the flow of the game and the situation of the game get to us and we got out of sink," Cousins said. "We didn't match their physicality and we got outplayed tonight."
Sacramento took two of three from Utah last season...The Kings, who got 12 points from Carl Lanrdy, shot just 35.8 percent from the floor...Paul Millsap ended with 11 points and nine boards for the Jazz, who had half as many turnovers (eight) as takeaways (16).
- SACRAMENTO: 83
Nov 22 11:27 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 56
End of Regulation
Nov 22 10:50 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 37
Nov 22 10:07 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 22
Nov 22 9:33 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Nov 22 9:12 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief Apr 20
- AP Sources: Kings to interview Del Negro, Jackson, Mitchell Apr 20
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- Kings fire coach George Karl after 1 full season Apr 14