Grizzlies hand Warriors fifth straight lossNov 27, 2010 - 8:10 AM
Zach Randolph and Mike Conley each netted 14 points for the Grizzlies, who finished up a perfect three-game homestand.
Andris Biedrins filled the stat sheet with 28 points and 21 rebounds for the Warriors, losers of five straight. Monta Ellis ended with 23 points and eight assists, while Stephen Curry added 26 points in defeat.
With his team down 112-107 in the final minute, Curry opted for a quick layup to make it a one-possession game. The second-year guard created a turnover at the other end, then hit two free throws with 11.6 seconds left for a 112-111 score.
After Mayo drained two free throws with 11 seconds showing, Ellis' pump fake at the top of the key opened up Dorell Wright for a potential tying three from the right wing, but the attempt hit all iron to end the comeback bid.
"We came back in this game three times," Warriors head coach Keith Smart said. "With the effort they are giving, they are playing extremely hard all the way through the game so you can't fault their effort."
The Grizzlies raced out to an 11-2 lead and were ahead 30-24 at the end of 12 minutes of action.
It went back-and-forth in the second before Memphis scored the final eight points of the half, with Conley's three-pointer yielding a 63-53 lead.
The hosts never trailed in the third quarter and took an 87-82 edge to the fourth.
A Mayo three-pointer and two Tony Allen free throws gave Memphis a 100-89 cushion with 5:07 left in regulation, but Golden State answered with seven straight points to make it close coming down the stretch.
Warriors forward David Lee has been given permission to return to the team. Lee had been out since suffering a laceration to his right elbow in a win over the Knicks on November 10...Marc Gasol scored 12 points for Memphis, which was outrebounded, 44-33, but made 52.5 percent from the field.
- GOLDEN STATE: 111
Nov 27 12:13 AM
- GOLDEN STATE: 82
End of 3rd
Nov 26 11:29 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 53
Nov 26 10:41 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 24
End of 1st
Nov 26 10:07 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Nov 26 9:43 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Zhou Qi's potential could lead to much NBA draft intrigue May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20