Durant, Thunder take down RocketsDec 16, 2010 - 8:12 AM Oklahoma City, OK (Sports Network) - Kevin Durant scored 32 points on 12-of-18 shooting, leading the Oklahoma City Thunder to a 117-105 victory over the Houston Rockets.
Jeff Green scored 21 points for the Thunder, who shot 58 percent and made 28- of-29 foul shots in their fourth consecutive win.
"Guys were looking for the extra pass, being aggressive, attacking the rim, getting to the free throw line," Durant said. "If we see a pass for an open shot, we've got to make it. Guys are doing a good job of reading the defense."
Kevin Martin had 22 points to pace the Rockets, who had won their last two games and fell to 3-11 on the road.
"We've still got a ways to go," said Rockets forward Shane Battier. "We're playing really good basketball at home. We have to find a way to translate that on the road."
It was a 31-31 game after the first quarter, and the teams traded the lead in the second. The Thunder ended the half on a 14-4 run to take a 62-56 edge to the break.
Oklahoma City led throughout the third quarter, but it was still a one- possession game late in the period -- Luis Scola's free throw had the Rockets within three with 1:27 left.
However, Green scored the next six points, and Eric Maynor's jumper gave the Thunder an 87-76 lead moving to the fourth.
Oklahoma City used the burst as a springboard to take control in the fourth. James Harden opened the final quarter with a three-pointer, and the Thunder led by double digits the rest of the way.
The Thunder turned the ball over 17 times, leading to 17 Houston points...Scola finished with 18 points for the Rockets...Oklahoma City continues its four-game homestand Friday against Sacramento...Houston hosts Memphis on Friday.
- HOUSTON: 105
OKLAHOMA CITY: 117
Dec 15 10:27 PM
- HOUSTON: 76
OKLAHOMA CITY: 87
End of 3rd
Dec 15 9:52 PM
- HOUSTON: 56
OKLAHOMA CITY: 62
Dec 15 9:11 PM
- HOUSTON: 31
OKLAHOMA CITY: 31
End of 1st
Dec 15 8:36 PM
- HOUSTON: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Dec 15 8:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19