Martin leads Rockets past WarriorsDec 21, 2010 - 8:33 AM Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - Kevin Martin scored 30 points and pulled down five rebounds, as the Houston Rockets held off the Golden State Warriors, 121-112, at Oracle Arena.
Luis Scola added 20 points, nine boards and six assists for the Rockets, who have won three in a row and five of six overall. Shane Battier chipped in with 14 points and five assists.
Monta Ellis poured in 44 points and dished out seven assists for the Warriors, who have lost nine of 10. David Lee tallied 19 points and six rebounds.
Golden State guard Stephen Curry missed his fifth straight game with an ankle injury.
"We have to stay focused as a team and hopefully get over this hump," Ellis said. "We have a couple of guys still down, key guys, but we're competing. It just didn't come out our way."
Trailing by two, 96-94, with 6:10 to play, the Rockets put together a 21-7 run to claim victory.
Martin got the surge started with a layup and three-pointer. Scola then made a hook shot to give Houston a 101-96 edge with 3:56 remaining.
Ellis made a jumper and Lee recorded a three-point play around Martin's slam to pull Golden State within two, 103-101, with 3:07 left.
Battier made a three-pointer to spark a 7-0 Houston flurry. Kyle Lowry and Martin each made two free throws during the small burst to give the Rockets a 110-101 lead.
After Reggie Williams made a pair of free throws for the Warriors, Battier made a shot from beyond the arc and Martin made two foul shots for a 115-103 game with 51.2 seconds to go.
The first quarter ended in a 26-26 tie, and Houston led 50-46 at the half.
The Rockets led by as many as 10 in the third, but took an 81-75 margin into the fourth.
The Warriors started the fourth on a 16-6 run to take a 91-87 lead with 8:05 remaining.
The Rockets have won 14 of 19 and 15 of the last 21 meetings between the teams...Houston made 26-of-34 shots from the charity stripe, while Golden State made 19-of-27...Lowry had 13 points and eight assists.
- HOUSTON: 121
GOLDEN STATE: 112
Dec 21 12:59 AM
- HOUSTON: 81
GOLDEN STATE: 75
End of 3rd
Dec 21 12:19 AM
- HOUSTON: 50
GOLDEN STATE: 46
Dec 20 11:39 PM
- HOUSTON: 26
GOLDEN STATE: 26
End of 1st
Dec 20 11:05 PM
- HOUSTON: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 15:00
Dec 20 10:41 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19