Towson defeats Miami, Ohio, 82-71Nov 14, 2009 - 2:58 AM TOWSON, Md.(AP) -- Calvin Lee scored a game-high 25 points to lead Towson to an 82-71 win over Miami of Ohio in the season opener for both teams on Friday night.
Lee shot 10-for-16 from the field and blocked four shots for the Tigers. Brian Morris chipped in with six points and a game-high eight assists.
The RedHawks were led by Kenny Hayes, who scored 17 points and dished out six assists. Nick Winbush and Adam Fletcher added 11 points apiece.
After trailing 42-37 at halftime, Towson used a 10-2 run in the second half to build a 61-53 lead after a layup from Troy Franklin with 11:15 remaining in the game. The Tigers would go on to lead by as many as 14 points.
Miami of Ohio outrebounded Towson 36-25, but turned the ball over 20 times.
The Tigers shot 52.6 percent from the field (30-for-57) for the game.
- No. 21 Buckeyes overwhelm RedHawks Dec 22
- Buckeyes seek turnaround in clash with RedHawks Dec 22
- Skerry's contract extended through 2020 May 2
- Williams, UMass down Miami-Ohio Jan 5
- RedHawks hit road seeking upset of 23rd-ranked Minutemen Jan 4
- Wiggins leads Kansas past Towson Nov 22
- Towson hits road to challenge No. 2 Kansas Nov 22
- Grant leads No. 21 Notre Dame past Miami-Ohio Nov 9
- Irish tip season off against RedHawks Nov 8
- Miami-Ohio guard Moore suspended 9 games Nov 6
- Towson's Skerry given contract extension Aug 15
- Former Miami-Ohio coach Coles dies Jun 7