Graham leads San Jose State to 89-63 victoryNov 17, 2009 - 5:09 AM SAN JOSE, Calif.(AP) -- Justin Graham scored 18 points to lead four San Jose State players in double figures and the Spartans defeated William Jessup 89-63 in their season opener Monday night.
Chris Oakes had 15 rebounds and 12 points for the Spartans, who opened at home for the first time in four years and won their third straight season opener. Adrian Oliver had 11 points and 11 rebounds and freshman Chris Jones added 13 points.
C.J. Webster had 12 rebounds as the Spartans had an overwhelming 61-25 rebounding advantage over the Warriors.
Jason Washington scored a season-high 17 points to lead William Jessup. Tevin Hurd had 11 and Kadeem Kiirtsen added 10 for the NAIA school.
San Jose State led, 40-20, at one point in the first half but the Warriors closed within 46-31 by halftime.
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- No. 13 San Diego State dominates San Jose State Feb 26
- Aztecs tangle with Spartans in MWC affair Feb 25
- No. 7 SDSU routs San Jose State Jan 23
- Aztecs and Spartans mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 22
- San Jose State hires Dave Wojcik as basketball coach Mar 29
- San Jose State fires men's hoops coach Mar 13
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3
- Spartans seek upset of 25th-ranked Bulldogs Mar 2
- Withey's exploits allow Kansas to hold off San Jose State Nov 27
- San Jose State faces tall task in clash with Kansas Nov 26
- San Jose State gives Nessman extension Jul 15