Md.-Eastern Shore 53, Missouri St. 70Nov 21, 2009 - 4:39 AM SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) -- Kyle Weems scored 16 points and led Missouri State to a 70-53 win over Maryland-Eastern Shore in the first round of the Hispanic College Fund Challenge.
The two teams were tied at 26 at halftime, but Missouri State (2-0) scored eight points in the first 2:54 of the second half to lead 34-29.
Eastern Shore (0-2) closed the margin to 38-36 with 14:28 left before Missouri State went on a 14-7 run, and Eastern Shore could not get any closer than 52-43.
Missouri State shot 55.6 percent from the field in the second half while Eastern Shore shot 36 percent. Adam Leonard, who hit two critical 3-pointers early in the second half, finished with 11 points for Missouri State.
Hillary Haley and Kevin White each had 11 points for Eastern Shore and Mark Robertson added 10.
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7
- No. 14 Wichita State blows past Missouri State Jan 21
- Bears face uphill climb in clash with Shockers Jan 21
- Northern Iowa downs Missouri State Jan 18
- Panthers and Bears meet MVC melee Jan 18
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17